Data Science Engineer
WHAT WE’RE UP TO
WE ARE A LEAN, TENACIOUS MACHINE POWERED BY 85 OF THE SHARPEST, MOST PASSIONATE PEOPLE WE COULD FIND.
Simelabs is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning application. We help people perfect and realise their visions for digital products. While others may just churn out what a client asks for, we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and will stop at nothing to build solid products that we’re proud of.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with large, complex data sets and applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Identify and develop intelligent and innovative data analytics use cases to optimize business processes
- Designing and analyzing experiments to test new product ideas
- Developing models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to principal performance metrics
- Formulating success metrics for completely new products and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
The Ideal Candidate
- B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in computer science, AI/ML or related fields, BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc
- 0-5 years of work experience
- Experience working with large amounts of real data with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, or other statistical package
- Good proficiency in Python, Scala and Pyspark
- Experience in building and deploying machine learning / AI models in the cloud
- Experience with cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Expertise in applied statistics, understanding of controlled experiments
Got what it takes?
Want to join the team? Submit your application—
we respond to most inquiries within three business days.
Perks and Benefits
12 paid company holidays
6 paid sick or personal days per year
Group Health Plan insurance Employee, Spouse and dependent