Senior Software Engineer – Java
WHAT WE’RE UP TO
WE ARE A LEAN, TENACIOUS MACHINE POWERED BY 85 OF THE SHARPEST, MOST PASSIONATE PEOPLE WE COULD FIND.
Simelabs is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning application. We help people perfect and realise their visions for digital products. While others may just churn out what a client asks for, we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and will stop at nothing to build solid products that we’re proud of.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; discussing with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes,investigating problem areas, following the software development life-cycle
- Take ownership of technical aspects, ensuring that the platform is being used to its fullest potential through designing and building applications around customer’s needs
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Work with the team to make the Data Platform an efficient, robust and scalable platform
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advises, training and education opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in enterprise software development using Java 8+
- Highly proficient in Core Java and J2EE technologies
- Hands on experience with Open-Source Frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot Hibernate and related technologies
- Hands on experience using Software Design Patterns, J2EE and related
- Strong experience in microservices development, SOAP and RESTful using Jersey, Apache Axis, Spring Boot or other frameworks
- Complete understanding of relational databases (Oracle and MySQL) and no SQL databases (Mongo)
- Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle/GIT
- Understanding of TDD practices and experience with Unit, System & Integration Testing
- Complete understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design & Programming
- Understanding of Linux/Unix environment, cloud computing(AWS, GCP), Devops concepts a plus
Got what it takes?
Want to join the team? Submit your application—
we respond to most inquiries within three business days.
Perks and Benefits
12 Paid Company Holidays
6 Paid Sick Leave
Group Health Plan insurance Employee, Spouse and dependent
Work Life Balance